MAS Recruiting specializes in assisting candidates to secure employment in such industry verticals as advanced materials-chemicals, clean tech, e-commerce, financial services/payments, healthcare, software, and technology. We service companies ranging from early stage startups to Fortune 100.
Our client is a leading international consumer electronics company. Because of their growth, the client has asked us to recruit for a Cloud Software Architect. This position will have the opportunity to design world-class cloud-enabled software and systems solutions to meet a variety of challenging requirements. You will have the opportunity to join a dynamic group—learning from experiences and from one another; we are always seeking to discover new technologies, computing techniques, innovative designs, and process improvement methods.
This opening will be located in our client’s new Philadelphia development office in the University City section of Philadelphia.
Cloud – Conceptualize, design, and prove out cloud-based architectures that exhibit the right levels of redundancy and scalability to service the needs of today’s customers while providing the growth path to meet the needs of tomorrow. Understand and consider factors such as elasticity, resiliency, security, compliance, and monitoring.
Capabilities – Use your knowledge of existing cloud platforms and techniques—along with your findings on the latest offerings and trends—to bring new capabilities and expertise to the design table, driving innovation and efficiency.
Roadmap – Drive adoption of cloud-enabled services and features across multiple projects by defining a roadmap for consistent cloud implementations and strategies for the company.
Architecture – Design cloud solutions that feature the right abstraction (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc.) and appropriate configuration, including concerns such as computing resources, main memory, storage, topology, etc.
- Architect stable, efficient, and scalable cloud platforms upon which world-class services can easily be built
- Guide and technically coach teams of other highly skilled computer science professionals to deliver top-quality software
- Explore emerging trends and technologies to bring new capabilities into the company
- Mentor and technically develop team members to expand the effectiveness of those around you
- Work with external consultants to review concepts and designs and to learn patterns and techniques that can be leveraged across projects
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others through process and testable design
- Work with vendors and review offerings and contracts in order to understand and balance factors such as intellectual property rights, physical locations, data availability, service level agreements, and service interruptions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, or Math, with at least a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent)
- 8 or more years of industry experience in the field of software engineering, with experience and a track record of accomplishments in cloud-based software design and architecture
- Ability to work collaboratively while also thriving in a technical leadership position
- Hands-on attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to pass on knowledge and experience to others in a manner which improves the overall effectiveness of the team
- Ability to understand, prioritize, and escalate issues related to cloud infrastructure service providers, such as latency, outages, etc.
Interested candidates should send resumes to: